If the audio from your Uxbridge Voice speaker is distorted, there are several likely causes and troubleshooting options you can attempt:
1. Volume is set too high on the audio source.
Turn down the playback volume on the audio source.
2. The audio stream or audio file is of poor quality.
Try another audio file or music player.
3. Volume is set too high on the Uxbridge.
Lower the volume on the speaker.
4. Too much bass/ treble on the speaker.
Lower the bass/ treble on the speaker.
If you cannot troubleshoot your product or believe it to be faulty, please click here to submit a request or contact us via the live chat function in the bottom right corner.
NOTE: A Wi-Fi device could cause sound-related or technical faults, depending on use, in the following cases:
• when some part of the body is in contact with the receiving/transmitting system for the Wi-Fi device or the Uxbridge.
• electrical variations due to obstacles in the form of walls, corners, etc.
• exposure to electrical disruptions from devices within the same frequency band, for example medical equipment, microwave ovens or other wireless networks.
This wireless device may cause electrical disruptions during use.