What is coupling and how does it work?
With the couple feature in the Marshall Bluetooth App It is possible to set up two speakers in a pair.
Coupling the speakers requires that the speakers stand within 1 to 2 meters of each other.
Two Acton II Bluetooth, Stanmore II Bluetooth or Woburn II Bluetooth Speakers can be coupled to act as one sound system, depending on the speaker model.
The speaker model is stated on the back of the speaker.
Due to changes and availability of component used for the coupling feature, there are some limitations for coupling between different Homeline II models. Please find the relevant table for your speaker to see what models that are supported for coupling.
How to couple two speakers:
Open the Marshall Bluetooth® App and make sure that the latest version of the Marshall Bluetooth app is installed.
Pair both speakers to the device (iOS or Android) you are running the Marshall Bluetooth on by:
- Use the source button on your speaker to select Bluetooth and then push the button for 2-4 seconds, until the Bluetooth LED indicator starts blinking.
- Go to your phone's Bluetooth menu and select both speakers.
Start the Marshall Bluetooth app and:
- Accept the Bluetooth access request
- Accept the Location access request (Android)
- Accepted End User License Agreement
- Choose to or skip signing up for newsletter
- Choose to or skip sharing anonymous data for analytics
- Update the speaker firmware if prompted so. The app will guide you through the firmware update flow.
- Press ADD NEW DEVICE and ensure both speakers are connected in the Marshall Bluetooth.
- Select COUPLE SPEAKER from the main menu and follow the in-app instructions.
- Select either ambient or stereo mode. There are two modes to choose from:
Two speakers play the same audio synchronised.
Each speaker plays both the left and right channels.
Choose this mode if your speakers are placed at different heights, directions or areas of the room.
Two speakers of the same size are coupled as a stereo pair. With one speaker on the left channel and the other on the right.
Choose this mode if the speakers are placed at the same height, equal distance and facing the same direction.
After completing the speaker coupling, the two coupled speakers will appear as one device in the Bluetooth list. Remove the speaker not used from the Bluetooth list.