To keep all your contacts, you need to know which account your contacts are saved to. You will need to check this in iOS.
To do this on your iPhone or iPad, tap
“Settings”, then “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.”
Once you’re in the “Contacts” section, tap “Default Account” to see which account is selected. From the list below, read the instructions for your default account.
Contacts Account: Gmail
You will only need to sign in with your Google Account on your Android phone or tablet and all your contacts will be right there.
Contacts Account: iCloud
You can transfer your contacts from iCloud to Android as follows:
- Go to “Settings,” then “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” then “Accounts” where you should see “iCloud” listed. Open iCloud and turn on the toggle for “Contacts” which will prompt you to “Merge” your device's contacts with iCloud.
- In a web browser on your desktop computer, go to icloud.com, login with your Apple ID, and click on "Contacts". In the lower-left corner, click on the wheel, “Select All”. Once selected, click the wheel again and choose "Export vCard".
- In a web browser, go to gmail.com, click on the "Mail" button in the top left and select “Contacts”. You should see a list of your Gmail contacts.
- Now click the "More" button above the contacts list and select "Import". Select "Choose File" and select your saved vCard file. When importing is complete, Gmail will display the number of contacts imported.
- Finally, delete any duplicates by using the “Find & merge duplicates” function under the "More" button above the contacts list.
Contacts Account: SIM-Card
You can save your contacts to your SIM and import them on your android device.
- Insert the SIM-card with your contacts into the device.
- Open the app contacts on the device.
- Press the menu icon .
- Press Import/Export.
- Press "Import from SIM-card".
- Choose the contacts you wish to import, if you would like to import all your contacts press the menu icon and then "Import all".