Use the Gmail App to read and write email from any mobile device. To open it, touch Gmail on a Home or All Apps screen.
Gmail isn’t just about email. You can use your Gmail account to sign in to all Google apps and services including these and many more:
- Google Now - for getting information you need at just the right time
- People - for keeping track of your contacts
- Google Drive - for working with documents
While your reading a message:
- Touch the icons along the top of the screen to archive. throw away, and mark as read. Touch to mark a message as unread. Look under the Menu to move, change labels, mute, print and do other actions to the email.
- Swipe left or right to read the previous or next conversation
Organise your conversations
From the Inbox, touch & hold a conversation to select it. Then use the icons and menu along the top of the screen to manage the selected messages.
To change your settings, add an account, or get help, touch the menu icon or button.
No matter where you are in Gmail, you can always get back to the Inbox by touching the Back Button at the top of the screen.
From the inbox, touch Menu to open the drawer that reveals available accounts, labels and so on.
TIP: You can access your email from other accounts, like Microsoft Exchange, in Gmail by adding the account in Gmail Settings