The Camera app lets you take photos, panoramic photos, videos, and immersive 360-degree photo sphere shots, including what’s above and below you.
To open the Camera:
- From the Lock Screen, swipe from right to left
- From the Home Screen, touch Camera
The first time you open the Camera, you may be asked if you want it to remember photo locations. This allows you, for example, to pinpoint the location of a particular photo with Google Maps.
When you open Camera, you can choose from five different camera modes. To see the modes, swipe left to right.
The Camera Icon indicates Camera mode. To take a picture:
1. Frame your subject and watch for the focus ring.
- To focus on a different part of the image, touch it.
To zoom in, pinch two fingers outwards.
To zoom out, pinch two fingers inwards.
2. When the focus ring brackets disappear, touch the shutter button, which is the camera button.
3. To see the image you just took, swipe from right to left. To see stored photos, touch Photos in the top right.
When viewing stored photos, touch to share, Edit to modify photos and to delete.
Keep swiping to see other images in Photos
To change to a different mode, swipe left to right to show the list of camera modes:
Touch Camera to take regular pictures
To start recording a video, touch the video button. Touch it again to stop
To change settings for each mode such as flash, exposure, and so on, touch the circle with the three dots at the bottom right of the framed image.
TIP: HDR automatically snaps a rapid burst of photos and combines them to give you the best possible single shot. To turn on HDR, touch the S at the lower right of the shutter and select HDR