The Kilburn speaker may not be able to search and connect correctly if the following cases occur:
There is a strong electric field surrounding the Kilburn.
The Bluetooth device is turned off, not available or does not function as it should.
Please also note that items such as, for example, microwave ovens, wireless network adapters, fluorescent lights and gas cookers use the same frequency range as the Bluetooth device, which could lea to electrical disturbances.
Try to ensure that there is no electrical interference surrounding the Kilburn, that your Bluetooth device is on and functioning properly.
- A Bluetooth device could cause sound-related or technical faults, depending on use, in the following cases:
- When some part of the body is in contact with the receiving/ transmitting system for the Bluetooth device or the Kilburn active loudspeaker
- Electrical variations due to obstacles in the form of walls, corners, etc.
- Exposure to electrical disruptions from devices within the same frequency band, for example medical equipment, microwave ovens and wireless networks.
- This wireless device may cause electrical disruptions during use
- You do not need to enter the PIN Code (Password) when connecting the Bluetooth device to the Kilburn. If the window for entering the PIN code is displayed, you should enter 0000
- You cannot connect to a Bluetooth device that only supports the HF (Hands Free) area function.
If you cannot troubleshoot your product or believe it to be faulty, please click here to submit a request or contact us via the live chat function in the bottom right corner.