If your Woburn is having trouble connecting to Bluetooth, there are several likely causes and troubleshooting options you can attempt:
1. Woburn is too far away from your device during the pairing process
You should attempt to move the Woburn Speaker closer to the device during the pairing process.
2. You may be in an area with poor reception
Move to an area with better reception to improve Bluetooth connection
3. The loudspeaker cannot search or connect correctly in the following cases:
- If there is a strong electric field surrounding the Woburn
- If the Bluetooth device is turned off, not available or does not function as it should
- Please note that items such as, for example, microwave ovens, wireless network adapters, fluorescent lights and gas cookers use the same frequency range as the Bluetooth device, which could lead to electrical disturbances
- A Bluetooth device could cause sound-related or technical faults, depending on use, in the following cases:
- When some part of the body is in contact with the receiving/ transmitting system for the Bluetooth device or the Woburn loudspeaker
- Electrical variations due to obstacles in the form of walls, corners, etc…
- Exposure to electrical disruptions form devices within the same frequency band, for example medical equipment, microwave ovens and wireless networks.
- This wireless device may cause electrical disruptions during use.
- You do not need to enter a PIN Code (Password) when connecting the Bluetooth device to the Woburn Speaker. If the window for entering the PIN Code is displayed, you should enter 0000
- Yo cannot connect to a Bluetooth device that only supports the HF (Hands Free) Area function
If you cannot troubleshoot your product or believe it to be faulty, please click here to submit a request or contact us via the live chat function in the bottom right corner.