How to get started with the Zongle and the Home Line III range of Acton III, Stanmore III and Woburn III
The Zongle is connected to your playback device (computer, phone or tablet), either directly via the USB-A port or with an adapter via the USB-C port or Lightning port. Adapters are available online and in most consumer electronics stores and the most common adapters used with the Zongle are are:
- Older PC or Mac - no adapter needed
- Newer PC or Mac – USB-C (M) to USB-A (F)
- iPad or iPhone – Lightning (M) to USB-A (F)
- Android tablet or phone – USB-C (M) to USB-A (F)
Note: Check what adapter is needed for connecting the Zongle to your playback device.
Setting up the Zongle with your Playback device
- Connect your Zongle to your playback device, either directly or via an adapter
- Set the Zongle as your audio output.
This is done automatically on most phones or tablets. If you’re connecting the Zongle to a PC or Mac, go to Settings and set the Zongle as the audio output.
- Begin playing music on your playback device at mid volume and the Zongle will show a blue light. You will not be able to hear any music until you perform the next step below.
Connecting your playback device with the speakers
- Connect the mains lead to the mains input on your speaker, then connect the mains plug to the wall socket. Use the power switch (8) to turn the speaker on.
- Use the source button (3) to select Bluetooth.
- Push and hold both the source button (3) and the media control button (7) for a minimum of 3 seconds, until the music starts playing.
Your Home Line III speaker is now connected to the Zongle using Bluetooth Low Energy Audio which means that the Bluetooth Classic connection is deactivated. You can return the speaker to its original settings by repeating the 3 second press on both buttons.
Important: Always read the safety instructions that are supplied with any electronic device before using it.
Set the correct volume
You can use the top panel audio-controls (3) to set the speaker volume, bass, and treble. Adjusting the volume on your playback device will change the volume on all speaker volumes relative to their setting.
- Ensure that any equalizer in your music player is set to ‘Off’ or ‘Flat’.
- Set the playback device to mid volume.
- Set the volume, bass, and treble on each speaker.
Use the volume setting on the playback device to adjust the overall volume during the day.
Use the network standby mode
Home Line III speakers will go into network standby if left unused for 10 minutes to save energy. The Zongle and your speaker will stay connected and the speaker will wake up when music is resumed.
Note: The button on the Zongle has no function and will not wake-up the speakers or resume playback.
Perform a factory reset
A factory reset will return the speaker to its original settings, excluding any firmware updates.
Note: This will delete all user settings, the speaker will return to normal mode, and the speaker needs to be set up again, see Connecting your playback device with the speakers.
- Push and hold the media control (7) for more than 10 seconds and the speaker will reset.
There is no audio or audio is too low
|There is no audio or audio is too low||The speaker is not in Zongle mode.||Push and hold both the source button and the media control button for a minimum of 3 seconds.|
|The audio device is not connected.||Ensure that the device is connected to the Zongle.|
|Zongle is not set as the active audio output device.||Check the settings menu and set the Zongle as the output device.|
|Volume is set too low on either the audio source or the speaker.||Slightly increase the volume on your audio source or the speaker.|
The audio is distorted
|The audio is distorted||Volume is set too high on the audio source.||Turn down the playback volume on the audio source.|
|The volume, bass, or treble is set too high on the speaker.||Lower the volume, bass, or treble on the speaker.|
The speaker is not responding
The speaker is not responding
A software problem has occurred.
Unplug the mains power plug from the wall socket, wait for 15 seconds, then plug it in again.